Welcome to Yosi Ocha, the official Ayahuasca retreat center of the Peruvian Institute of Shamanism and Natural Medicine. The Institute has been founded in 2014 by the Shipibo Maestro Heberto Garcia with the following primary aims:
- To establish a benchmark of shamanic excellence by rigorously maintaining standards and allowing guests to experience deep healing and powerful transformational processes through authentic Shipibo practices during their Ayahuasca retreats in the Amazon jungle.
- To administer truly individualized treatments: only by one-on-one interaction between the shaman and the patient during the ceremony can one be guided safely and productively through the often challenging spiritual realms – such guidance being crucial if you are to reap the full benefits of shamanic healing.
- To ensure a safe, supportive, professional yet family environment at Yosi Ocha in order to help our guests feel sheltered, calm, and relaxed in the course of what may be an intense and sometimes anxious experience during their Ayahuasca retreats.
- To provide the very best shamanic training to those exceptional individuals who wish to pursue this course, walk the path of light and learn the true traditions of Shipibo shamanism and healing with natural medicine from the Amazon rainforest.
- To work productively with organizations and individuals active in the protection of the rainforest, and in safeguarding the rights and cultural integrity of the indigenous Amazon peoples to preserve this unique world’s heritage.
Find out what to expect from an Ayahuasca retreat in Peru and how to prepare for the journey to derive the best results from your trip.
ANCIENT SHIPIBO RITUALS
A great variety of traditional Shipibo rituals that have fallen into obscurity in the wider shamanic community are still preserved at Yosi Ocha.
If you feel the call to learn the authentic Shipibo art of shamanism and natural medicine, Yosi Ocha is the right place for you.
“Having the privilege to work with Heberto has been nothing short of amazing.Johana - AyaAdvisors
I am blown away by the level of deep healing he can do in such a short space of time, whilst still holding the space in such a gentle and loving way. I trust Herberto’s work so much so I came back again to his retreat three weeks later for a plant diet and more ceremonies to work on my blocks.”
“Although the ceremonies were sometimes very intense I always felt very safe and without fear knowing Heberto was in control. I was touched and impressed by his love and unbelievable energy to sing the powerful Ikaros in such a perfect and passionate way. I am very grateful for the personal Ikaros he sang to help me heal my fears and let my inner light shine again which had become very small because of several difficult times in my life. Heberto is a real Maestro and I recommend him to everyone who likes to do a ceremony.”Yvette - AyaAdvisors
“An unforgettable experience and simply a must if you want to have the best ceremony of your life. I have travelled with many Shamans and he is by far the most powerful and gifted and was simply an honour to be held in his space and to feel protected and safe to journey with this beautiful medicine. I definitely will return again and again. I can’t recommend him enough.”Dfreud - AyaAdvisors
“Amazing experience! I did the two-week retreat option and it was the best thing I could have done. Heberto is an extremely knowledgeable, patient, and downright incredible person. His skills go for beyond what I had imagined going there and my life-altering experience will have me returning in the future.
If you plan on delving deeper into the plant diets and take your journey very seriously, I would look nowhere else but here. I am honored and humbled in being there and a student for my short stay.”Reinhart - AyaAdvisors
“Heberto is a great shaman, a real master of light and love. His ceremonies are an art, his amazing Ikaros make a deep transformation and healing possible, connecting soul and spirit to become who we really are. He always meets the individual needs of the patients, helping in the best way he can. He has my full trust and confidence. His center is an absolutely secure place, very comfortable and clean, his whole team is always friendly and helpfully, being there is like being at home. Muchísimas gracias, Heberto.”Doris - AyaAdvisors
MAESTRO HEBERTO GARCIA
The renowned Shipibo Maestro, Heberto Garcia, is one of the most powerful and pure-hearted shamans working in Peru today. He draws upon a remarkable shamanic lineage, with many legendary Maestros amongst his forebears.
His grandfather, Yosi Ocha, is widely believed to have been the last of the ‘Merayas’ – the highest grade of a shaman, capable of appearing, say, as a puma, a tiger, or a boa, or simply making himself invisible. Despite his great wisdom and power, Master Heberto stands out for the humility and purity of his heart.